7 matching flavors
- Herby Fresh
Apple Pie Spice is the flavor secret for this classic double-crusted pie. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
(amount per servings)
Total Calories: 407
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 9-inch pie plate.
- Mix sugar, flour and apple pie spice in small bowl. Sprinkle over apples in large bowl; toss to coat well. Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter. Top with second pie crust. Seal and flute edge. Cut small slits in top crust. Brush crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack.
Complete your meal
Test Kitchen Tips:
- We recommend using Granny Smith apples. However, if you like a sweeter pie, use Jonathan, MacIntosh, Stayman-Winesap, or Jonagold cooking apples.
- After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
This recipe features Apple Pie Spice. Here are a few more delicious ways to use it.
Rating and Reviews