1. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in large deep skillet on medium heat. Add 1/2 lb. cubed chicken and 1/2 cup sliced chorizo; cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Stir in 2 1/4 cups water and 1 pkg. Rice Mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Stir 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined, and 1/2 cup peas. Return to simmer Cover. Cook 10 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink, water is absorbed and rice is tender.
3. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and sliced pimientos, if desired
MAKE IT YOUR OWN!
• For Seafood Paella use 1 lb. minced seafood such as shrimp, cubed firm white fish, mussels, clams, scallops or squid. Add oil and reduce water to 2 cups in Step 2 (Discard any mussels or clams that do not open after cooking.
• Instead of peas try with cut-up vegetables such as asparagus, green beans or green olives.