The leaves of the small, creeping, shrublike perennial with a pungent mintlike odor, Thymus vulgaris L.
1 tsp. dried Thyme Leaves = 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
• Use with green beans, eggplant, carrots and zucchini.
• Add to soups, barbecue and spaghetti sauces, and cheese spreads or sauces.
• Use in lamb or beef stew, and pot pies.
Savory Mashed Sweet Potatoes
1. COOK and peel 2 lbs. sweet potatoes.
2. MASH with 2 tbsp. softened butter, 2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp. Ground Ginger, and 1/4 tsp. each Thyme Leaves and salt until well blended and smooth.
Serves: Makes 18 (3/4-cup) servings.
Prep time: 15 mins