Cookie cups make a fun edible holder for desserts. Fill with fruit, ice cream, yogurt, pudding or mousse.
Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix flour and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
Roll dough on generously floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out circles with 3-inch round cookie cutter. Place a standard muffin pan, upside down, on work surface. Press a dough circle around each ungreased muffin cup. (If using a nonstick muffin pan, see tips for best results.)
Bake 10 minutes or until edges are just beginning to turn golden brown. Cool on muffin pans 5 minutes or until cool enough to remove. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Fill as desired.
• For smaller cookie cups, cut out dough circles with 2-inch round cookie cutter. Press dough circles around a mini muffin pan. Bake in preheated 325°F oven 6 minutes or until edges are just beginning to turn golden brown. Makes 68 cookie cups.
• For colorful cookie cups, tint cookie dough with McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye before baking. Add a few drops of desired food color with the vanilla.
• Try varying the flavor of the cookie cups with other flavor extracts, such as McCormick® Pure Almond Flavor, McCormick® Pure Orange Extract or McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract. Use 1 teaspoon extract in place of the vanilla.
• For nonstick muffin pan, line outside of pan with cupcake liners. Press dough circles around cupcake liners. Bake as directed.
• Fill cookie cups with Easy Vanilla Mousse.