7 matching flavors
- Herby Fresh
Transform orange-colored (and flavored!) cake balls into edible monsters with sweet decorations like melted chocolate, black licorice and jelly beans. Create the mini vampire bats, spiders and ghosts or experiment with creatures of your own to match your costume.
Makes 4 dozen or 24 (2 cake pop) servings).
(amount per servings)
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding orange extract and food colors. Bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch baking pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Crumble cake into large bowl. Add marshmallow creme; mix until well blended. Shape into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Melt coating wafers or chocolate as directed on package. Using a fork, dip 1 cake ball at a time into the confectionary coating or melted chocolate. Tap back of fork 2 or 3 times against edge of dish to allow excess to drip off. Place cake balls on wax paper-lined tray.
- Decorate as desired.
Complete your meal
Spider: Coat in black coating or melted chocolate. Add black string licorice for legs and red candy-coated pieces for eyes.
Ghosts: Coat in white coating to resemble ghosts. Add cut black jelly beans for eyes and mouth.
Vampire Bats: Coat in black coating or melted chocolate. Use red candy-coated pieces for eyes, white tips of candy corns for fangs and cut up licorice wheels for wings and ears.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- For 1 batch Cake Truffles, you will need about 1 pound confectionary coating wafers or chocolate.
- Confectionary coating, also known as almond bark, is used for candy making and coating. It is packaged in wafer form and is available in a variety of colors and flavors, including milk and dark chocolate. It is found in the cake decorating aisle of craft and party stores.
This recipe features Pure Orange Extract. Here are a few more delicious ways to use it.
Rating and Reviews