< Back to Recipes
7 matching flavors
- Herby Fresh
Jicama Wrapped Short Ribs with Asian Pear Slaw
7 matching flavors
Galbi, a popular Korean barbecue recipe, is made with thinly sliced beef short ribs that are marinated and quickly grilled. In this dish, short ribs are wrapped in thinly sliced jicama and topped with refreshing Asian pear slaw for a creative take on tacos.
Makes 8 appetizer servings.
(amount per servings)
Total Calories: 270
- For the Short Ribs, mix onion, soy sauce, honey, garlic, hot pepper paste, rice vinegar, sesame oil and crystallized ginger in large bowl until well blended. Add short ribs; toss to coat well. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- For the Asian Pear Slaw, mix rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, crystallized ginger and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended. Add salad mix, Asian pear, bean sprouts, onion, cilantro and sesame seed ; toss to coat well. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Peel jicama carefully to maintain its round shape. Cut into 1/16-inch thick slices using mandolin. Pick out 16 larger slices. Reserve remaining smaller slices for another use.
- Grill sliced short ribs over medium-high heat 30 seconds to 1 minute per side or until browned and cooked through. To serve, place a few slices of short rib on each jicama slice. Top with Asian Pear Slaw. Serve immediately.
Complete your meal
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Gochujang or Korean pepper paste is made from chile powder, glutinous rice powder, fermented soybeans and salt. It is used to flavor stews, soups and marinades, and as a condiment at the table. It is available in Asian markets and online specialty stores.
- Three tablespoons sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) can be used in place of the soy sauce and honey. It is a thick dark sauce typically used in Indonesian and Chinese cooking. It can be found in Asian groceries.
This recipe features Sesame Seed. Here are a few more delicious ways to use it.
Rating and Reviews