Montreal Steak Marinade
1 package Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Marinade
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons red wine or white vinegar
1 1/2 pounds beef*, pork or lamb
1. Mix Marinade Mix, oil, water and vinegar in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade for basting. Place meat in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well.
2. Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove meat from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
3. Grill, broil, or bake until desired doneness, basting with reserved marinade halfway through cooking. Discard any remaining marinade.
Makes 3/4 cup marinade.
*Best with sirloin, ribeye or round steak.
Zesty Wine Marinade: Substitute 2 tablespoons red wine for vinegar in Step 1. Continue as directed.
Montreal Marinated Steaks Stuffed with Caramelized Onions and Cheese
Serves: Makes 6 servings.
Prep time: 15 mins
View full recipe >
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds New York strip or beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (about 1 1/2-inches thick)
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Marinade
- 1/3 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin (about 4 cups)
- 6 to 8 tablespoons soft to semi-soft cheese, such as Boursin, goat cheese (chèvre), crumbled blue, or Havarti, divided