• The mild pepper flavor complements poultry, vegetables and seafood.
• Soak in hot water for 5 minutes. Add to brown sauce for meats.
• Mash with butter for vegetables.
• Use with steak, pork chops, duck and salad dressing.
Baked Eggs with Goat Cheese and Green Peppercorns
Prep time: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs), divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely crushed McCormick Gourmet™ Green Peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/2 large bunch Swiss chard stems and large center ribs removed, leaves quartered or halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1 inch slices (5 loosely packed cups)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese chèvre, about 3 ounces