STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 2 1/4 cups water, Rice Mix, and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving
Microwave ovens vary; cooking times may need to be adjusted. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
ENRICHED LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE (RICE, IRON, NIACIN, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, SEA SALT, TOMATO, TORULA YEAST,ONION, GARLIC, YEAST EXTRACT, SPICES (INCLUDING RED PEPPER, CHILI PEPPER), SALT, MOLASSES, CARAMEL COLOR, VINEGAR, NATURAL FLAVOR (INCLUDING HICKORY SMOKE), EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA, TAMARIND AND ASCORBIC ACID.
1/3 cup dry mix (68g) = 1 cup prepared
I make the sloppy joe recipe on the box and it is so good. You just add tomato sauce, brown sugar, water, green pepper, and onion. Delicious.
Pam Brown | April 23, 2017
I have been a satisfied user of Zatarain's products for longer than I can remember. All have met or exceeded my expectations; until now. This product is bland, lacks any personality, and went virtually untouched when it was served. I even double checked the box to ensure I hadn't missed adding a flavor packet. Sorry, but BBQ rice mix needs a lot of work.
Pete | September 08, 2014