Get the Free Meal Planning Tool That Can Show You How.
Start your FREE 1-year subscription to DinnerTime.com — the online tool that helps you plan, shop and cook dinner every night.
To access this FREE offer, set up your FlavorProfile now!
In our hometown, fresh vegetables form the foundation of our most iconic dishes. Here, we’ve combined long grain rice with peas, tomatoes, carrots, green onion, bell pepper and garlic to make a side dish as vibrant as a New Orleans backyard garden.
Serve Zatarain’s Garden Vegetable Rice Mix as a side, or create a delicious, filling meal by adding chicken, pork or shrimp. Try it as the filling for stuffed bell peppers, or let it cool and toss with fresh vegetables and a vinaigrette for a light, refereshing rice salad.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 1/4 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate,Folic Acid), Onion, Salt, Red & Green Bell Pepper, Garlic, Carrot,Yeast Extract, Sugar, Celery, Tomato, Spices (Including Black Pepper, Red Pepper), Green Onions, Vegetables (Onion, Carrot, Tomato, Pepper, Celery), Disodium Inosinate And Disodium Guanylate (Flavor Enhancers), And Turmeric.
1/4 cup dry mix (65g) = 1 cup prepared