SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN
1. FOR 3 lbs. bone-in chicken parts, mix 1/3 cup Chick Fri and 1/2 cup water in medium bowl. Pour 1/2 cup Chick Fri onto plate or into plastic bag.
2. DIP chicken, one piece at a time, in batter. Shake off excess.
3. ROLL or shake chicken in Chick Fri until evenly coated. Discard any remaining batter or Chick Fri.
Note: For thicker crust, coat chicken in 1/2 cup Chick Fri. Dip in 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1 lightly beaten egg. Roll again in Chick Fri.
DEEP FRYING DIRECTIONS
1. HEAT oil in deep fryer to 350°F.
2. COAT chicken as directed above. Fry 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
PAN FRYING DIRECTIONS
1. POUR 1 inch of vegetable oil into large skillet. Heat to 350°F on medium heat.
2. COAT chicken as directed above. Place chicken, skin-side down, in skillet. Cover. Cook 10 minutes, turning chicken after 5 minutes.
3. REMOVE cover. Turn chicken and cook 10 minutes longer or until golden brown and cooked through (internal temperature of 165°F). Drain on paper towels.
1. DIP chicken in 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1 lightly beaten egg in medium bowl. Shake off excess. Roll in Chick Fri.
2. ARRANGE chicken on shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Spray top of chicken with cooking spray.
3. BAKE in preheated 425ºF oven 40 minutes or until cooked through, turning halfway through cook time.
1. CUT vegetables into 1/4-inch slices or strips. Pour Chick Fri onto plate or into plastic bag.
2. DIP vegetables in 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1 lightly beaten egg in medium bowl. Shake off excess.
3. ROLL or shake vegetables in Chick Fri until evenly coated. Discard any remaining egg mixture in bowl or Chick Fri mixture on plate or in plastic bag.
4. HEAT 1/4-inch of vegetable oil in large skillet on medium heat. Fry vegetables, a few pieces at a time, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Suggested vegetables: yellow squash, zucchini, eggplant or okra
ENRICHED CORN FLOUR (FLOUR, NIACIN,IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SALT, SPICE, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE (FLAVOR ENHANCER).
2 Tbsp. (15g)