Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card – Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Giveaway entry period begins at 12:00 AM ET on July 12, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2019 (the "Giveaway Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Giveaway. Full Official Rules available at https://www.mccormick.com/survey-amazon-giveaway
1. Eligibility: The McCormick ‘Enter to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card’ Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years old (19 years old in Alabama and Nebraska, 21 years old in Mississippi) as of July 9, 2019, who are, as of the start date of the Giveaway, signed up to receive marketing emails from Sponsor, and who receive the Survey Invitation described below. Persons who at any time during the Giveaway Period (or, if winner, as of the date of prize fulfillment) are employees, officers or directors of McCormick & Company, Inc. ("Sponsor"), PureRED ("Administrator"), or any of their respective parents, affiliates or subsidiaries or of any other company involved in the development or execution of the Giveaway, and persons who are a member of the immediate family (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) of any such employee, officer or director or who live in the same household (whether or not related) as any such employee, officer or director, are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's and/or Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. Winning a prizeis contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is McCormick & Company, Inc., 24 Schilling Road, Suite 1, Hunt Valley, MD 20131. The Administrator is PureRED, 211 College Road East, Princeton, NJ 08540.
3. How to Enter: In order to enter, during the Giveaway Period, the entrant must open the McCormick Survey email that is sent by Sponsor to that entrant’s email address during the Giveaway Period that invites the entrant to participate in a brief survey requesting feedback on the content of Sponsor emails and to enter the Giveaway (the “Survey Invitation”); click through to the Survey Monkey survey linked in that Survey Invitation email (the “Survey”); , and submit complete answers to all of the Survey questions (which will be determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion). You must answer all questions completely and provide all requested information in order to be eligible to enter and win. All Entries must be completed and submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2019, to be eligible to enter and win. The Entry must: 1) be complete to be eligible; 2) be the property of the Entrant. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a submission qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal time rates, data rates and other fees or charges, if any, charged by the Entrant’s Internet access, phone or mobile service provider will apply. Sponsor is not obligated to acknowledge any Entry. Limit: LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the participant. No copies, facsimiles, or mechanical reproductions of the entry form or Survey will be accepted. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
4. Entry Requirements, Representations and Warranties:
You acknowledge and agree to the following with respect to the Entry you submit: By submitting an Entry, each Entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns and licensees of each of the foregoing the right to use the Entrant’s name/email address, and/or statements attributed to the Entrant and the Entrant’s Entry in whole or in part, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, including without limitation via Sponsor’s and third-party websites and social media and digital channels, for advertising, trade, promotional and commercial purposes and any other purposes, without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
• Entry must be submitted via Survey Monkey.
• The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor and its Administrator or their products or other people, products or companies.
• Entry must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
5. Random Drawing/Selection of Winners: On or about August 1, 2019, five (5) entries will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Giveaway Period. Drawing will be randomized and conducted by the Administrator. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification: Five (5) potential winners will be notified by email within five (5) days after selection, using the information provided at the time of entry, subject to verification. If a potential winner cannot be contacted via email after the first attempt to contact him/her, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only two (2) alternate drawings will be held, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded. Entrant is not a winner unless they have completed and submitted the Survey, is one of the randomly selected winners, is verified by Sponsor, and is in compliance with the terms of these Official Rules.
Winners will receive an electronic $50 Amazon Gift card via email after July 31, 2019. Terms and conditions apply to the Gift Card, see front and back of Gift Card for rules.
7. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Five (5) Prizes will be awarded. Prize: Each prize winner will win one $50 Amazon Gift Cards. Total Value of All Prizes to be Awarded: $250.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Terms and conditions apply to gift cards; see front and back of gift card for more information. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Giveaway. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor has the right, in its discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Giveaway, or any part of it, to modify these Official Rules and to change any of the dates and/or times indicated in these Official Rules, at any time in its discretion, including without limitation in the event of any changes to the terms applicable to the use of Instagram or in connection with any fraud, technical failure or problem or occurrence that in Sponsor's judgment impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway or prevents the Giveaway from being conducted as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation or early termination of the Giveaway, the random drawing (if applicable) will be conducted from all eligible Entries received prior to cancelation and will be determined in accordance with the procedures set forth in these Official Rules. Proof of submitting the questions to the survey will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor's or Administrator's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Giveaway; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will determine the validity of each Entry. If Sponsor determines or believes that any Entry is fraudulent, illegitimate or invalid, or that any Entrant has failed to comply with or has violated any provision of these Official Rules, Sponsor will have the right in its discretion to disqualify any affected Entrant and/or to void any suspect or affected Entries. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in any way without the prior written consent of Sponsor. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any Giveaway information provided elsewhere (including, without limitation, in advertising or marketing materials), these Official Rules shall prevail.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in and/or entering the Giveaway, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each Entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, each of their respective contractors and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns of each of the foregoing, all other persons and entities involved in the development or operation of the Giveaway, all other persons and entities involved in the provision of prize or prize component or the marketing or promotion of the Giveaway (including, without limitation, Administrator) and the directors, officers, employees, representatives, advisors, agents and contractors of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims and causes of action of any kind that the entrant or other person ever had, now has or might in the future have arising out of or relating to the Giveaway, participation in the Giveaway, the provision, acceptance or use of any prize or prize component, or any use of the Entrant’s personality rights (as described above) as permitted pursuant to these Official Rules, including without limitation any and all claims and causes of action (a) relating to any personal injury, death or property damage or loss sustained by any Entrant or any other person, (b) based upon any allegation of violation of the right of privacy or publicity, misappropriation, defamation, or violation of any other personal or proprietary right, or (c) based upon any allegation of a violation of any law, rule or regulation relating to personal information or data security. Each Entrant agrees not to assert any such claim or cause of action against any of the Released Parties. Each Entrant assumes the risk of, and all liability for, any injury, loss or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Giveaway or the provision, acceptance or use of prize or prize component. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, any typographical, printing, production, distribution or other error and may modify, rescind, cancel or revoke this Giveaway based upon any such error without liability and at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, stolen, misdirected, corrupted or incomplete Entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of Entries or Entry information or any other human, mechanical or technical error of any kind relating to the Giveaway, any website associated with the Giveaway, communications or attempted communications with any Entrant, computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware), failures of or delay in any mobile, wireless, Internet or cellular transmission or connection or the submission, collection, storage and/or processing of Entries or the administration of the Giveaway. Proof
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS GIVEAWAY OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS GIVEAWAY, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state located in Maryland; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
12. Official Rules and Prize Winners: For a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://www.mccormick.com/survey-amazon-giveaway. For the names of the winners, available for sixty (60) days after August 15, 2019, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winners of the McCormick $50 Gift Card Giveaway” as the subject line.
The Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Amazon or Survey Monkey.