All You Need
1/2 cup Cracker Meal
1 lb. Fish or Seafood*
Water or Milk
1. POUR Cracker Meal into shallow dish or large plastic bag. Moisten fish, cut into serving-size pieces, or seafood with water or milk. Shake off excess.
2. COAT fish, several pieces at a time, evenly with Cracker Meal. Let stand 5 minutes. Discard any remaining Cracker Meal. Fry as directed below. Serve with McCormick® Cocktail Sauce or Tartar Sauce. Use the entire package to coat 4 lbs. fish or seafood.
*Best with tilapia, trout, catfish, shrimp, or scallops. Also try with shucked oysters and clams, or soft-shell crabs (pierce several times before coating).
Pan Fry: Pour oil to a depth of 1/4 inch in a large skillet; heat to 350°F on medium heat. Fry fish, in batches, 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels.
Oven Fry: Cover bottom of shallow baking pan with melted butter. Arrange fish or seafood in a single layer in pan; turn to coat with butter. Bake in preheated 425ºF oven 10 to 20 minutes until golden brown around edges and fish flakes easily with a fork.
• For a thicker coating, dip fish in a mixture of 3 tbsp. milk and 2 beaten eggs before coating with Cracker Meal.
• Coat boneless skinless chicken breast halves or chicken parts as directed. Bake in 400ºF oven 20 to 30 minutes for chicken breast halves or 45 to 50 minutes for chicken parts.
• Use Cracker Meal instead of bread crumbs when making meat loaf or meat balls.
ENRICHED BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR (FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, AND FOLIC ACID), WHEY (MILK), DEXTROSE, AND SOYBEAN OIL.
1/4 cup Mix (32g)
I have used cracker meal for years. It is great for homemade tenderloins
Kathleen Williams Reeves | December 21, 2014 |
It is the best breading my family and friends have ever tasted, your breading has made me top chef around my friends
Steve Kirby | October 11, 2016 |