McCormick #NOFLAVORLIKEHOME SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
No purchase or payment is required to enter, win or claim a prize. A purchase will not increase an entrant’s chances of winning. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winner is responsible for the payment of any applicable taxes on the Prize.
The McCormick #NoFlavorLikeHome Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by McCormick & Company, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins November 12, 2018 at 12:00:00 a.m. and ends December 28, 2018 at 12:00:00 a.m.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their state of domicile at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor (McCormick & Company, Inc.), its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse and parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the households of the above, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- How to Enter: You may enter by tagging photos on Instagram with the #NoFlavorLikeHome hashtag during the Giveaway Period or go to Woobox entry link here: https://woobox.com/fi3pyb and enter, including your name and email address. No other method of entry is permitted. Limit of one entry per person, per day, throughout the entire Giveaway Period. No mechanically reproduced or automatically generated entries are permitted. Incomplete, illegible or garbled entries will be disqualified. There will be no verification of receipt of entries. If you enter using a mobile device, standard data charges may apply from your carrier. Entrants should consult their wireless service providers regarding their pricing plans. Standard message and data rates may apply.
Entry Limit: There is no limit of entries per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
Entry Requirements: All entries must comply with the following restrictions:
A. A completed entry “tag” of approved content will qualify an entrant.
B. By entering, you understand that your entry may be posted online, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public.
C. By entering, you will have the option to receive McCormick generated email newsletters.
D. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize any portion from any source;
E. Must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party;
F. Must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor and at Sponsor’s sole discretion);
G. Must not contain or use material that violates another person’s rights of privacy or promotes racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, marital status or age (as determined by Sponsor and at Sponsor’s sole discretion);
H. Must not contain any viruses, spyware or malware that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer
Note: If any entry fails to comply with these Entry Requirements or any other sections of these Official Rules, Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify an entrant.
- Random Drawing: Ten (10) winners will be chosen at the end of each week (November 16, 2018; November 23, 2018; November 30, 2018; December 7, 2018; December 14, 2018; December 21, 2018; December 28, 2018). Within five (5) days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period (week), the Administrator will randomly select ten (10) potential prize winners from all eligible entries received. The winner is deemed to be a potential winner, pending verification of the entrant’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor or Administrator, in their sole and absolute discretion.
- Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) and Odds of Winning:
A. Prizes: Seventy (70) prize packs will be awarded. Each prize pack consists of McCormick Ground Cinnamon, Ground Clove, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Ginger, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Ground Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Rubbed Sage, Thyme, Brown Gravy Mix, Wet Turkey Gravy, Taco Seasoning Mix, Chili Seasoning Mix, Pure Vanilla Extract , Pure Peppermint Extract (ARV $50).
B. Total ARV: The total ARV of all Prizes is $3,500.
C. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
D. General Information: Only the Prize stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more Prize notifications are sent (or more claims received) than the number of Prizes offered as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of Prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible Prize claims received. Limit one (1) Prize per person/household. No other Prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a Prize or force majeure.
- Winner Verification and Notification: Potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Announcement and instructions for the Prize will be sent by private message to the potential Prize winner’s Instagram account, including requesting the potential winner to provide his/her complete first and last name (no initials), email address, physical mailing address, telephone number and date of birth. Once the potential winner’s initial information is received, Administrator will send an email within approximately twenty-four (24) hours with further instructions on how to claim the Prize, and the potential winner has forty-eight (48) hours to respond to the Administrator’s email with the requested information or the Prize may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be forfeited. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her Facebook or email account for Prize notification and receipt or other communications related to this Sweepstakes.
If a potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize may be forfeited, and in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the forfeited Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes imposed on the acceptance of a Prize are solely the responsibility of each winner. Administrator will attempt to notify each potential winner as set forth above, but Administrator and Sponsor are not responsible for any undelivered direct messages, emails or other attempts at contact, including, without limitation, emails that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which can divert any Sweepstakes email, including any winner notification email, to a spam or junk folder. The right to receive a Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable, and no Prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value. Any and all other costs and expenses not expressly stated herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, Administrator, Prize suppliers, Influencers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any Prize that may be awarded. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or that may arise in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the Prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize; or for transactions or mail that is lost, stolen, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, undelivered, delayed, illegible or postage-due, or for applications, transactions that fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, paper transfer, human or other error. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise, corrupt, or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing and award the Prize using all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (1) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event shall entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. Sponsor reserves the right to modify Prize award procedures.
- Governing Law: The Sweepstakes and Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of Maryland relating to the administration of the Sweepstakes.
- Winners List: To request the name of the Prize winner, send an email with subject line to: “McCormick #NoFlavorLikeHome Sweepstakes” to Social_Admin@McCormick.com. Requests must be received no later than December 29, 2018. The Prize winner’s name will be provided when the drawing has been conducted and the winner verified.