Nachos are a favorite in my home. We usually make nachos whenever we have grilled meat or shredded chicken leftovers. This recipe is made with ground turkey making these nachos simple to make any day of the week. The best part is they only take 30 minutes to make and I guarantee your family will love them.
These nachos are topped with lots of delicious toppings and are super satisfying. When it comes to cheese for my nachos, I like to use white melty cheese such as Oaxaca, Quesadilla, or Monterey Jack, but in this recipe I couldn’t resist using pepper jack cheese for a kick of spice.
Prep: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Serves 4-6
1 tablespoon olive oil
1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
1 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
Corn tortilla chips
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
2 jalapeños, sliced
2 cups shredded cheese, such as pepper jack, Monterey jack, oaxaca or quesadilla
Chopped fresh cilantro
Crema Mexicana or sour cream
1. In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers and cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Add ground turkey and brown. Mash meat so you have small pieces of meat.
3. Add garlic salt, seasoned salt, and cook over low heat for about 8 to 10 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place half of your tortilla chips across the bottom of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Spoon half of the turkey mixture, beans, tomatoes, and jalapeños evenly over chips. Top with half of the cheese.
4. Repeat to build another layer.
5. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling and veggies are warm, about 15 minutes for a single layer or 20 minutes for multiple layers.
6. Sprinkle nachos with cilantro and top with crema and salsa, if desired.