Ingredients 8 (1 cup) Servings
- 4 cups water
- 1 container (32 ounces) Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 1 ham bone
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 McCormick® Bay Leaves
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ditalini pasta
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- 1 Place water, stock, ham bone, onion, celery and bay leaves in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour. Remove ham bone. Skim off excess fat.
- 2 Stir in ham, beans, pasta, Italian seasoning and rosemary. Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS
To easily skim off most of the fat, prepare soup as directed in step 1. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Solidified fat can be easily removed. Continue as directed in step 2.