Warm up this fall with Chicken Fajita Soup. It’s loaded with chunks of vegetables and chicken, seasoned with the authentic McCormick® Organics Fajita Seasoning. Top it with cheese, tortilla strips and sliced jalapeño peppers for a complete, weeknight-friendly meal.
Ingredients 8 (1 cup) Servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package McCormick® Organic Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 3 cups Kitchen Basics® Organic Free Range Chicken Stock
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- crushed tortilla chips
- 1 Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato paste; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- 2 Stir in chicken, Seasoning Mix, stock, tomatoes and corn. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 3 Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with tortilla strips. Serve with desired toppings.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Serving Suggestion: Serve with assorted toppings, such as chopped avocado, shredded cheese and sliced jalapeño peppers.