With slow cooker stuffing, you’ll spend less time in the kitchen and more time making memories this holiday season. Place ingredients – including cubed French bread, chicken stock, sausage, celery and onion – into the crock. Add McCormick® rosemary and rubbed sage and let the slow cooker work its magic. The result? An aromatic, moist-in-all-the-right-spots stuffing. Yum! Photo Credit: Julie Gransee of Lovely Little Kitchen.
Ingredients 12 (2/3 cup) Servings
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound mild (sweet) Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Rubbed Sage
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- 10 cups cubed French bread, (1-inch cubes)
- 1 Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add sausage; cook and stir until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Spray inside of slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. Add stock and herbs; stir to blend. Stir in bread cubes and sausage-vegetable mixture. Cover.
- 3 Cook 45 minutes on HIGH. Uncover and stir. Cook, uncovered, 30 minutes longer.