Twist up your traditional Easter feast with a new side dish. Creamed Peas get upgraded with mushrooms, chicken stock (instead of milk or heavy cream) and reduced fat cream cheese. Warm and comforting, this recipe will have dinner guests asking for “more peas, please” before you can whip up a second batch. Photo credit: Julie Gransee from Lovely Little Kitchen.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup small white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Dill Weed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Pepper Black
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 2 ounces (1/4 package) reduced fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes or until mushrooms are browned. Sprinkle with flour and seasonings. Cook and stir 1 minute or until well blended. Stir in stock and cream cheese. Stirring constantly, cook 2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Add peas; cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until heated through.