Toss thinly sliced Brussels sprouts in a smoky bacon and pomegranate juice dressing for a side dish that’s perfect for entertaining. The pomegranate seed and the surrounding pulp is known as an aril. Fresh arils can be found already removed from the pomegranate and packaged in the product section.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Beef Stock
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon French's® Chardonnay Dijon Mustard Squeeze Bottle
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels. Set aside.
- 2 Remove all but 3 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Add flour; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Add stock, pomegranate juice, sugar, mustard, thyme and garlic powder; cook and stir 2 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from heat.
- 3 Crumble bacon. Add to skillet along with Brussels sprouts and pomegranate seeds; toss to coat well.