As the temperatures cool, heat up your appetite with this Brussels sprout salad. It’s full of savory and sweet elements that blend seamlessly together. Our Kitchen Basics® Unsalted Chicken Stock adds rich flavor, while McCormick® Herbes de Provence bring an herby warmth. Drizzle with a homemade bacon vinaigrette and top with crumbled goat cheese and pecans.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics® All Natural Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Herbes de Provence
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Bring stock and spices to a simmer in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; cook 2 minutes. Add squash, Brussels sprouts and cranberries and cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- 2 In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or just until cooked, but not crisp. Add shallots and continue cooking 2 minutes until tender and bacon is crispy. Whisk in mustard and vinegar; cook and stir 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- 3 To serve, drizzle warm bacon vinaigrette over Brussels sprouts and top with crumbled goat cheese and pecans.