This chicken pot pie recipe with puff pastry is the savory, warm and perfect comfort food for guests. Prepare the chicken pot pie filling and cut out the pastry ahead to save time in the kitchen. You can also try some of our other favorite chicken pot pie recipes like our chicken pot pie made with biscuit rolls, gluten free chicken pot pie, slow cooker chicken pot pie or even as a soup. Want to make the pie crust instead of using a pastry sheet? Check out our step-by-step guide to making easy pie crust from scratch. Follow the steps and ingredients below on how to make a chicken pot pie with puff pastry.
How Long To Make Chicken Pot Pie With Puff Pastry
Ingredients 6 Servings
ramekins, 8 or 10 ounce
- soufflé dishes, 8 or 10 ounce
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, 2 sheets, thawed in refrigerator
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup diced celery, 1/2-inch dice
- frozen peas
- 1 cup diced zucchini, 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups shredded roast chicken, without skin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Whole Black Peppercorns, divided
- 3 cups Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Crushed Rosemary
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Ready to learn how to make chicken pot pie? To get started in making this savory chicken pot pie recipe, use one of the ramekins as a template, trace 6 circles from puff pastry sheets, adding 1-inch for overhang on all sides. Place the chicken pot pie crust outlines on a tray. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2 Next you will make the chicken pot pie filling. Preheat oven to 400°F. Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots and celery; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add peas and zucchini; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Add wine to skillet; bring to boil. Stir in chicken. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Set aside.
- 3 Bring stock, thyme and rosemary to boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until ready to use. Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Sprinkle with flour. Stir with whisk until mixture is well blended. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir 2 minutes or until mixture turns golden. Immediately add 1 cup of the stock, whisking until the chicken pot pie filling mixture is smooth. Whisk in remaining stock and heavy cream until smooth. Stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium-high heat and boil 1 minute or until sauce is thick. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4 Pour sauce over mixture in skillet. Toss gently until well coated. Fill each ramekin about 3/4 full with chicken pot pie filling mixture. Place a pastry round on top of each ramekin. Press excess pastry firmly all around side of ramekin. Cut slits in pastry. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- 5 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Serve the savory chicken pot pie immediately.