How much basil goes into this sautéed lemon chicken recipe? As much as you like! Twist the McCormick® Basil Herb Grinder directly into the chicken coating and sauce while prepping and cooking. Ready to serve? Garnish with more basil for a winner-winner chicken dinner.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Pepper Black
- McCormick® Basil Herb Grinder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 Mix flour, salt, garlic powder, pepper and desired amount of basil herb grinder in shallow dish. Moisten chicken lightly with water. Coat evenly with flour mixture. Discard any remaining flour mixture.
- 2 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Cook 1/2 of the chicken pieces 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining chicken, adding additional oil if necessary. Remove chicken from skillet.
- 3 Stir stock, lemon juice and desired amount of basil herb grinder into skillet. Bring to boil, stirring to release browned bits in bottom of skillet. Add asparagus. Stirring frequently, cook 5 to 7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Return chicken to skillet and add tomatoes; cook until heated through. Season to taste with basil herb grinder.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Not sure how much Basil Herb Grinder to add? Try grinding 20 twists (2 teaspoons) to the flour mixture and 10 twists (1 teaspoon) to the sauce.
Serve chicken with cooked pasta, rice, vegetables or tossed salad.