Shortcuts like the rich flavor of Kitchen Basics® Turkey Stock and frozen puff pastry help get this homemade turkey pot pie on the table in less than an hour.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups Kitchen Basics® Original Turkey Stock
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (1/2 of 17.3 ounce package)
- 3 cups coarsely shredded cooked turkey
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add carrots, celery, garlic, salt, thyme and pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
- 2 Gradually add stock, stirring with whisk until smooth. Bring to boil. Stir in peas and onions. Return to boil. Add turkey and half and half. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Ladle turkey mixture evenly into 6 (2-cup) ovenproof bowls. Cut puff pastry into 6 pieces. Top each pot pie with 1 piece of puff pastry. Place bowls on baking sheet or in baking dish.
- 4 Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown and turkey mixture is bubbling. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Flavor Variation : For a Curry Turkey Pot Pie, prepare as directed using 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Curry Powder instead of thyme.
Flavor Variation : For an Italian Turkey Pot Pie, prepare as directed using 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Italian Seasoning instead of thyme.