Ingredients 10 (1 cup) Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons ají amarillo paste
- 1 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 cups Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 Heat oil in 5-quart Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink. Add ají amarillo paste, garlic salt, turmeric and cumin; cook and stir 1 minute.
- 2 Stir in potatoes and stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Add peas and carrots; simmer 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in mint. Serve with cooked white rice, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Ají amarillo paste is also known as yellow hot pepper paste. It can be found in Latin markets, online specialty stores or the Latin aisle of some supermarkets.
If a thicker stew is desired, use 5 cups cubed peeled potatoes.