Transform leftover tortillas into breakfast or dinner with this recipe for Chilaquiles – crisp tortillas simmered in chile sauce and topped with cheese! Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Bone Broth adds rich, homemade flavor to the ancho tomato sauce. Garnish with cilantro, queso fresco and fried eggs.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, quartered
- 2 cups Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Ancho Chile Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Place tortilla pieces on large baking sheet. Spray tortillas with no stick cooking spray; turn and spray the other side. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2 Meanwhile, stir remaining ingredients in large skillet. Cook on medium heat until sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3 Stir in toasted tortillas. Serve each topped with chopped fresh cilantro, crumbled queso fresco and a fried egg, if desired.