Try our version of Cashew Chicken, starring Kitchen Basics® Creamy Bean & Vegetable Stock. Combined with brown sugar and spices, it creates a rich, thick sauce, coating both the chicken and cashews. Serve over rice and enjoy a better-than-takeout meal the whole family will love.
Ingredients 4 (1-cup) Servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup creamy bean and vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add soy sauce and vinegar, stirring to release browned bits in bottom of pan.
- 2 Stir in bean stock, hoisin sauce, brown sugar and spices. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews and green onions. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.