Intensely aromatic with a sweet pungent flavor. Add to mulling and pickling spices, stews and pot roast, or use to stud your holiday ham.
FLAVORS THAT GO WITH CLOVES:
Cloves pair nicely with these herbs and spices. Try them together the next time you're in the kitchen cooking something up for lunch or dinner.
- Cumin: Our pure cumin is an easy way to add deep, earthy citrusy flavors to spark your favorite meals. Cumin is one of the top 10 selling spices in the U.S. The spice dates back to Egypt 4,000 years ago, and McCormick Cumin is hand-harvested, sun-dried and carefully screened so you know you're getting nothing but the purest flavor. Add this spice for a warm flavor and earthy color to everyday soups, stews, meats and vegetables.
- Cinnamon: Our pure cinnamon lends a warm, sweet aroma to everything from morning toast to cookies, and it also has a savory side, with earthy, mahogany-colored flavors
- Garlic: Dried garlic takes on a mellow, round flavor that elevates recipes both savory and sweet. Garlic is a member of the lily family, native to Central Asia and cousin to leeks, chives, onions and shallots. It’s the most pungent of the lilies, with a strong flavor and aroma. Unless you’re using it to ward off vampires, as people have done since the 1700s, it pays to use allium sativum with a gentle hand.
- Black Pepper: Our pure black pepper is the most widely used seasoning on Earth. It delivers a mild kick of heat that highlights rather than overwhelms other flavors. Native to the Malabar Coast of India, McCormick Black Pepper comes from the mature berries of the evergreen vine Piper nigrum. From plantation to package, we monitor the process every step of the way to ensure that every bottle delivers consistent sharp aroma and earthy flavor. In ancient times, peppercorns were rare and valuable. They were used as currency to pay dowries and even rent. Although no longer used as money, pure black pepper is still one of the world’s most valued and beloved spices in all types of food.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg’s sweet distinctive flavor is traditional in gingerbread, eggnog and rice pudding. Add a pinch to scalloped potatoes, creamed spinach and béchamel sauce.
GRAB YOUR CLOVE PRODUCTS!
AND TRY THESE RECIPES THAT USE CLOVES: