Zatarain’s Garden Vegetable Rice Mix puts the flavors of garlic, celery, peas, carrots and long grain rice on your table in under 30 minutes. Serve it up in half-cut bell peppers of your choice for an authentic New Orleans-style dish.
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate,Folic Acid), Onion, Salt, Red & Green Bell Pepper, Garlic, Carrot,Yeast Extract, Sugar, Celery, Tomato, Spices (Including Black Pepper, Red Pepper), Green Onions, Vegetables (Onion, Carrot, Tomato, Pepper, Celery), Disodium Inosinate And Disodium Guanylate (Flavor Enhancers), And Turmeric.
1/4 cup dry mix (65g) = 1 cup prepared
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 1/4 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Prep time: 15 mins