Pilaf is an ancient dish with variations found across Central Asia, the Middle East, India, Eastern Europe and the Caribbean. Despite wide-ranging recipes, a hallmark of rice pilaf is grains that are distinct, perfectly tender and infused with flavor.
Zatarain’s Family Size Rice Pilaf uses a long grain rice and orzo combination enhanced by onion, garlic, and red and green bell peppers to make a simple but flavorful side dish. Serve with your favorite chicken, beef or seafood entrée for a complete, tasty meal. Family Size means six servings per box – 50% more than regular size boxes.
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Orzo Pasta (Enriched Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Wheat Bran, Tomato), Salt, Garlic, Monosodium Glutamate (Flavor Enhancer), Sugar, Onion, Red And Green Bell Pepper, Yeast Extract, Spices (Inluding Turmeric, Red Pepper, And Paprika), Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten And Soy Protein, Corn Syrup Solids, Disodium Inosinate & Guanylate (Flavor Enhancers) Natural Flavor, And Extractives Of Paprika.
1/3 cup dry (59g) = 1 cup prepared
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 3 3/4 cups water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 3-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 3 3/4 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 3-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.