What Is Bone Broth?
Take a peek in the cupboard post-holiday baking extravaganza. What do you see? A handful of nuts, a few chocolate morsels and bits and pieces of other ingredients. Put those leftover bites to good use, and make any Bone broth is a high-protein drink made by simmering real chicken bones with ingredients you likely have in your own kitchen - vegetables, herbs and spices. A longer simmering time and higher bone to liquid ratio make bone broth a close cousin to stock, with a richer, bolder flavor than traditional broths. With Kitchen Basics Bone Broth, you get all of the meaty, hearty flavor, without any bones.
Then & Now
Bone broth is a tradition dating back hundreds of years across diverse cultures throughout Europe and Asia. In recent times, bone broth has become a mainstream beverage and kitchen staple due to its versatility, flavor and perceived health benefits. Most recently, celebrities, athletes and Paleo dieters have been consuming bone broth because it boasts up to 10 grams of protein and has only 50 calories per serving!
Kitchen Basics Bone Broth is certified “heart healthy” by the American Heart Association®. Look for the American Heart Association Heart-Check mark on our package.
- Sip warm bone broth as a healthy, filling beverage
- Swap bone broth in place of oil or marinades
- Use in any recipe calling for stock, broth, bouillon or water
- Splash on veggies while cooking for extra nutrients
- Drink bone broth instead of your morning cup of coffee
- Savor it as a flavorful afternoon snack