Cooks know the deep, concentrated flavor of a robust homemade stock. It's rich. It's savory. And Kitchen Basics rivals that authentic, premium quality so that you can have that same homemade taste at your fingertips – no matter when you plan to cook.
In 1996, Kitchen Basics was the first to introduce ready-to-use cooking stocks – and we've been perfecting them ever since. We craft our mouth-watering "liquid gold" naturally by slowly simmering the finest quality herbs and spices with beef, veal, turkey, chicken, seafood and vegetables to infuse it with layers of hearty flavor. The result is a dark, rich, high-quality stock that inspires and enhances quick, flavorful dinners and company-worthy feasts alike.
Stock is a full-flavored liquid prepared by simmering meat, poultry, seafood and vegetables for hours in water with herbs and spices, until their flavor is extracted. Darker in color and more concentrated in flavor than broth, it is ideal for use in soups, sautéing, rice and especially sauces and demi-glace. Stock's more concentrated flavor has a richer, heartier taste – one that serves as the perfect flavor-building ingredient for anything from simple to extravagant culinary creations.
Try Kitchen Basics stock in any one of these wholesome varieties:
Chicken • Beef • Vegetable • Turkey • Seafood • Veal • Unsalted Chicken • Unsalted Beef
Kitchen Basics stock is not just a key ingredient for your favorite soups, sauces, pasta, marinades and vegetables – it's a healthier one. Produced without as much sodium, it's still a more flavorful substitute for broth that's also:
• Certified heart-healthy by the American Heart Association®
• Low in saturated fat and cholesterol
• All Natural/No MSG added/Gluten Free
We test! Allergen Watch
We reduce the risk of allergen reactions by specifying that our Kitchen Basics ingredients must not contain *milk, *eggs, *peanuts, glutens, or tree nuts. We do not add MSG.
*Each production run is tested for the absence of these allergens to 5ppm.
From sauces and stews to rice and pasta, there are countless ways you can incorporate Kitchen Basics stock into your cooking – whether that's as an ideal base for homemade soups, the secret to great-tasting leftovers, or the missing ingredient in your mashed potatoes. The list doesn't end:
• Grains & Lentils: Replace water with stock when preparing rice, barley, couscous, quinoa or lentils
• Low-Fat Cooking: Cook vegetables in a small amount of stock instead of oil or butter
• Stir-Fries and Pasta Dishes: Add stock instead of water
• Meats: Use stock for braising and deglazing
• Seafood: Steam shrimp, mussels and clams in stock instead of water
• Gravies: Add stock instead of water to pan drippings or gravy mix and thicken as desired