STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 15 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Gluten Free Seared Shrimp Peas and Yellow Rice
Prep time: 15 mins
View full recipe >
- 2 tablespoons oil divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Yellow Rice
- 3/4 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice