STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 1 3/4 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 3-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 3 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended.
2. MICROWAVE , uncovered, on HIGH 10 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 35 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Chicken and Wild Brown Rice Skillet Supper
Prep time: 10 mins
View full recipe >
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Wild Brown Rice Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley