High in fiber, this mild and savory Wild Brown Rice Mix is similar to those found in many of the more down-home restaurants of New Orleans. Serve it up as a meatless entrée or alongside your choice of meat or seafood.
<P>Brown Rice, Wild Rice, Red & Green Bell Pepper, Garlic, Onion, Salt, Yeast Extract, Sugar, Spices (Including Red Pepper ), Soy Sauce (Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Syrup Solids, Salt), Disodium Inosinate And Disodium Guanylate (Flavor Enhancers), Parsley, Natural Flavor, And Carrot.</P>
1/3 cup dry mix (57g) = 1 cup prepared
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 1 3/4 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 3-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 3 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended.
2. MICROWAVE , uncovered, on HIGH 10 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 35 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Prep time: 10 mins