Add 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) of diced tomatoes to prepare your dish.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 1 1/2 cups water, 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 1 1/2 cups hot water, 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. butter or margarine (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 16 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Skillet Spanish Rice with Cornbread Topping
Prep time: 10 mins
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Spanish Rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can (8 3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn undrained
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions