STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 3 cups water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter, margarine or olive oil in 2-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent rice and beans from sticking.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Add a half pound of sliced sausage to make a complete meal.
1. MIX 3 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter, margarine or olive oil in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 18 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Red Bean Chicken and Cheese Burritos
Serves: Makes 8 servings.
Prep time: 10 mins
View full recipe >
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 3 cups water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Red Beans and Rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas