Zatarain’s Mild Jambalaya brings the flavor and soul of New Orleans with less heat. Just add seafood, chicken or sausage of your choice for six flavorful servings of jambalaya, ready in 30 minutes.
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Onion, Sea Salt, Spices (Including Chili Pepper, Paprika),Yeast Extract, Red And Green Bell Pepper, Garlic, Salt, And Caramel Color.
1/4 cup dry mix (45g) = 1 cup prepared
Jambalaya can be prepared with your choice of 1 lb. of smoked sausage, cooked chicken, ham or shrimp*, cut into bite-size pieces.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups water, Rice Mix, meat of your choice and 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil (optional) in 3-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
* Add cooked shrimp during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups hot water, Rice Mix, meat of your choice* and 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 18 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
*Add cooked shrimp during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.