Need a flavorful meal for a crowd? Zatarain’s Family Size Red Beans and Rice is a New Orleans staple on Mondays but you can enjoy it any day of the week with sausage or pork chops. Serve with fresh French bread, ready in under 30 minutes.
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Rice, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Red Bean, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Wheat Malt Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Onion, Salt, Modified Corn Starch, Soy Sauce (Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Syrup Solids, Salt), Red & Green Bell Pepper, Sea Salt, Torula Yeast, Yeast Extract, Garlic, Caramel Color, Spices (Including Red Pepper), Dextrose, And Natural And Artificial Flavor (Including Hickory Smoke).
1/3 cup dry mix (65g) - 1 cup prepared
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 4 1/2 cups water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter, margarine or olive oil in 3-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent rice and beans from sticking.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Serving Suggestion: Add a pound of sliced sausage to make a complete meal.
1. MIX 4 1/2 cups hot water, Rice Mix and 2 tbsp. butter, margarine or olive oil in 3-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 18 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.