Add 1 lb. of cooked ground beef or sausage to complete your meal.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. BROWN 1 lb. ground beef or sausage, cut into bite-size pieces, in 3-quart saucepan. Drain fat. Stir 2 1/2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil (optional) into saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups hot water, Rice Mix, 1 lb. ground beef or sausage, cut into bite-size pieces, cooked and drained, and 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 16 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Dirty Rice Picadillo
Prep time: 10 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Dirty Rice with Cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro