1 pkg. Rice Mix
1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp vegetable oil or olive oil (optional)
2 ½ cups water
Add 1 lb. cooked ground beef to complete your meal.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. BROWN 1 lb. ground beef in 3-quart saucepan. Drain fat.
2. STIR 2 ½ cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil (optional) into saucepan until well blended.
3. SIMMER 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
4. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
1. MIX 2 ½ cups hot water, Rice Mix, 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained, and 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil (optional) in 2 ½ quart microwavable bowl until well blended. Cover.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 16 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwave ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed.
Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
Caution: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
Dirty Rice Quiche
Serves: Makes 2 quiches, 8 servings per quiche.
Prep time: 15 mins
View full recipe >
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Dirty Rice Mix, Original
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts 2 crusts
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg