Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 5 (1-cup) servings.
YOU WILL NEED:
1 package Zatarain’s® Scampi Pasta Dinner Mix
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups water
1. MELT 1 tablespoon of the butter in large (12 inch) skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet.
2. STIR in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, water and Pasta Dinner Mix. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. REMOVE from heat. Return shrimp to skillet. Let stand 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken upon standing. Stir before serving
Chicken Scampi: Prepare as directed in Step 1, using 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, in place of the shrimp. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Do not remove chicken from skillet. Continue with Steps 2 and 3.
Chicken & Tomato Pasta: Prepare Chicken Scampi as directed. Stir 1 tomato, chopped, into skillet after pasta is cooked. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.
Caprese Style Scampi Pasta
Prep time: 5 mins
View full recipe >
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Scampi Pasta Dinner Mix
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese