Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes 5 (1-cup) servings.
YOU WILL NEED:
1 package Zatarain’s® Jambalaya Pasta Dinner Mix
1 tablespoon oil
1 pound andouille or other cooked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 cups water
1. HEAT oil in large (12 inch) skillet on medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. STIR in water and Pasta Dinner Mix. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken upon standing. Stir before serving.
Chicken Jambalaya: Prepare as directed in Step 1, using 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, in place of the sausage. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Shrimp Jambalaya: Prepare as directed in Step 1, using 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, in place of the sausage. Cook and stir 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet. Continue as directed, stirring shrimp back into skillet after pasta is tender.
Creamy Seafood Jambalaya Pasta
Prep time: 10 mins
View full recipe >
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Jambalaya Pasta Dinner Mix
- 1/2 cup heavy cream