1. BEAT 1 egg in large bowl. Add Zatarain’s Salmon Cake Mix and 2/3 cup mayonnaise; mix until well blended. Add 1 can (14.75oz.) canned salmon, drained and bones and skin removed, if desired; toss gently until well mixed.
2. SHAPE mixture into 7 patties. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. HEAT 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add 4 salmon cakes; fry about 4 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through (internal temperature of 165°F) Repeat with remaining salmon cakes, adding additional 1 tablespoon oil as needed.
Makes 7 salmon cakes.
1. Use 1 pound fresh salmon, cooked, in place of the canned salmon.
2. Add 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion or bell pepper to salmon mixture.
ZATARAIN'S CRISPY SALMON BITE
Prepare crab mixture as directed on package. Shape into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Heat 3 inches of oil in skillet to 350°F. Fry in batches until golden brown and cooked through, turning once. Drain on paper towels.