DEEP FRYING DIRECTIONS
1. FILL deep fryer no more than 1/3 full with oil. Heat oil to 350°F on medium heat.
2. FOR 1 lb. peeled shrimp, mix 1/2 cup Zatarain’s Seasoned Shrimp Fri with 1/2 cup water in medium bowl. Pour additional 1/2 cup Shrimp Fri onto plate or into plastic bag.
3. DIP shrimp in batter. Shake off excess. Roll or shake shrimp in remaining 1/2 cup Shrimp Fri until evenly coated. Discard any remaining batter in bowl or Shrimp Fri on plate or in plastic bag.
4. FRY shrimp, a few pieces at a time, in hot oil until light golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
PAN FRYING DIRECTIONS
1. POUR 1 inch of vegetable oil into large skillet. Heat oil to 350°F on medium heat.
2. COAT and fry shrimp as directed above.
Note: For thicker coating, dip shrimp in 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1 lightly beaten egg. Shake off excess. Roll or shake shrimp in Shrimp Fri. Repeat.
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp
Prep time: 15 mins
View full recipe >
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup ZATARAIN'S® Seasoned Shrimp Fri®
- Vegetable oil for frying