DEEP FRYING DIRECTIONS
1. FILL deep fryer no more than 1/3 full with oil. Heat oil to 350°F on medium heat.
2. POUR Zatarain’s Seasoned Fish Fri onto plate or into plastic bag. Use 1/2 cup Fish Fri per 1 lb. fish. Roll or shake fish in Fish Fri until evenly coated. Discard any remaining Fish Fri mixture on plate or in plastic bag.
3. FRY fish, a few pieces at a time, in hot oil until light golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Note: For thicker coating, dip fish in 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1 lightly beaten egg, before rolling in Fish Fri.
PAN FRYING DIRECTIONS
1. POUR 1 inch of vegetable oil into large skillet. Heat oil to 350°F on medium heat.
2. COAT and fry fish as directed above.
1. BRUSH 1 lb. fish fillets on both sides with oil. Pour Fish Fri onto plate. Roll fish in Fish Fri until evenly coated. Discard any remaining Fish Fri mixture on plate.
2. PLACE fish on shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Spray top of fish with cooking spray.
3. BAKE in preheated 450ºF oven 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Mardi Gras Pan Fried Oyster BLT
Prep time: 15 mins
- vegetable oil for frying
- 24 Louisiana oysters freshly shucked
- 4 egg whites lightly beaten
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Seasoned Fish Fri®
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 8 leaves Bibb lettuce
- 1 loaf New Orleans-style French bread cut into 4 (6-inch) pieces and lightly toasted
- 8 slices applewood smoked bacon crisply cooked
- 2 tablespoons ZATARAIN'S® Creole Mustard