DEEP FRYING DIRECTIONS
PAN FRYING DIRECTIONS
1. FILL deep fryer no more than 1/3 full with vegetable oil. Heat oil to 375ºF on medium heat.
2. STIR 1 cup Zatarain’s All Purpose Batter and 2/3 cup water in medium bowl.
3. DIP 1 1/2 lbs. fish fillets in batter. Shake off excess. Carefully add fish, several pieces at a time, to oil.
4. FRY 3 to 5 minutes or until fish is golden brown and flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Discard any remaining batter.
2 inches of vegetable oil into large skillet. Heat oil to 375ºF on medium heat.
as directed above.
• For beer batter, substitute 2/3 cup beer for water. Prepare as directed.
• Best with cod, tilapia, trout, and catfish fillets or shrimp. For shrimp, fry 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through.
• To coat 3 lbs. fish fillets or shrimp, use full box and 1 1/4 cups water or beer.
Heat 2/3 cup orange marmalade, 2 tsp. Zatarain’s Creole Mustard, and 1 tbsp. soy sauce in small saucepan on medium-low heat until warm. Set aside. Pour vegetable oil into deep fryer or large skillet, filling no more than 1/4 full. Heat on medium heat to 350ºF. Stir 1 cup Zatarain’s All Purpose Batter and 2/3 cup water in medium bowl. Place 2 cups flaked unsweetened coconut on large plate. Dip 1 1/2 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined, a few at a time, into batter. Shake off excess, Roll in coconut. Carefully add shrimp, several pieces at a time, to hot oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining shrimp and batter. Add additional 2 cups coconut as needed. Discard any remaining batter and coconut. Serve shrimp with sauce.
Serves: 8View full recipe >
Prep time: 15 mins