To coat 2 lbs. seafood or vegetables, use 1 box Batter Mix and 1 1/4 cups water.
All You Need
1 cup Batter Mix
3/4 cup Ice Cold Water
1 lb. Seafood or Vegetables*
1. POUR oil into deep fryer, large heavy skillet or saucepan, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat oil to 375°F on medium heat.
2. STIR Batter Mix and water in medium bowl until mixed. Batter will be lumpy.
3. DIP seafood or vegetables into batter. Shake off excess. Carefully add seafood or vegetables, several pieces at a time, to hot oil.
4. FRY 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
*Best with shrimp, mushrooms, red bell pepper, sweet potato, broccoli or onions. Cut fish or vegetables into 1 1/2- to 2-inch pieces before coating with batter. Peel and devein shrimp before coating.
Tempura Coconut Shrimp
Serves: Makes 8 servings.
Prep time: 10 mins
View full recipe >
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup McCormick® Tempura Seafood Batter Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1 1/2 cups ice cold water
- 4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade or pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce