TRY THIS TWIST!
Tamale Pie: Cook ground beef as directed. Place in slow cooker with Seasoning Mix, 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) stewed tomatoes, cut-up, 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed, 1 can (4 ½ oz.) chopped green chiles and 1/2 cup water. Mix well. Cover. Cook as directed. For the Cornbread Topping, if using low setting, increase to HIGH. Prepare 1 box (8 1/2 oz.) corn muffin mix as directed on package. Drop batter by spoonfuls on top of chili. Cover. Cook 30 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted into cornbread comes out clean. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese. Makes 10 servings.
Slow Cookers Tamale Pie
Serves: Makes 10 (1-cup) servings.
Prep time: 15 mins
View full recipe >
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package McCormick® Slow Cookers Chili Seasoning
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut-up
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) kidney or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 box (8 1/2 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese