TRY THIS TWIST!
Tamale Pie: Cook ground beef as directed. Place in slow cooker with Seasoning Mix, 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) stewed tomatoes, cut-up, 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed, 1 can (4 ½ oz.) chopped green chiles and 1/2 cup water. Mix well. Cover. Cook as directed. For the Cornbread Topping, if using low setting, increase to HIGH. Prepare 1 box (8 1/2 oz.) corn muffin mix as directed on package. Drop batter by spoonfuls on top of chili. Cover. Cook 30 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted into cornbread comes out clean. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese. Makes 10 servings.
Slow Cookers Spicy Mexican Pork Stew
Serves: Makes 10 servings.
Prep time: 10 mins
View full recipe >
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast well trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 2 ears frozen corn thawed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package McCormick® Slow Cookers Chili Seasoning
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion