PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
Makes 8 servings.
YOU WILL NEED
1 pkg. McCormick® Sauce Mix
1 ½ cups water
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
8 corn or flour tortillas (6-inch)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. STIR Sauce Mix, water and tomato sauce in medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
2. BROWN meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Stir in ½ cup of the sauce.
3. DIP tortillas in sauce to coat. Spoon about ¼ cup meat filling into each tortilla. Roll tortillas tightly. Place seam-side down in greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. BAKE in preheated 350°F oven 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
TRY THIS TWIST!
Black Bean Enchiladas: Prepare Enchilada Sauce as directed. For the filling, omit meat. Mix 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed, and 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained, with 1/2 cup of the sauce. Continue as directed. Makes 8 servings.
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Serves: Makes 10 servings.
Prep time: 20 mins
- 2 packages McCormick® Enchilada Sauce Mix
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 10 flour or corn tortillas (8-inch)