1 teaspoon dried Sage = 2 teaspoons fresh sage
• Sage is well known for its use in stuffings for poultry, fish, game and other meats. Use 1/2 tsp. to 4 cups bread cubes for stuffing.
• Use in pot roast or stew of beef or venison.
• Good in cheese spreads, vegetable soup, chowders and eggplant.
• Also good in cornbread, biscuits, muffins and cheese dishes.
Cranberry Sage Mini Crab Cakes
Serves: Makes 12 (2 crab cake) appetizer servings.
Prep time: 20 mins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Sage, Rubbed
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 cup crumbled corn bread
- 1 egg lightly beaten